All students, with some exceptions, will be expected to be back at school on Monday 18 May where Alert Level 2 criteria applies. We are aware that some parents and children might be anxious about returning and their wellbeing is our first priority in our planning.
In order for us to comply with Alert level 2 and the Health and Safety Act, we ask that you please take note of the following and do chat to your child/ren about them:
- From Monday 18th May school will be as usual with hand hygiene and surface cleaning a priority.
- Parents are asked to keep children home if sick. If your child comes to school sick we will be asking for you to come in and collect them. (Symptoms include: cough, cold, fever, sore throat, sneezing, shortness of breath, blocked or runny nose).
- In order for us to contact trace effectively, parents are asked not to enter the school site when dropping off or picking up children. New entrant parents, of new to the school children, will need to sign in at the office before taking their child to class.
- The administration office will operate on a ‘one in, one out’ basis for adults. Please respect this space and social distance yourself by queuing up in the atrium.
- Children and staff should be far enough away from each other so that they are not breathing on or touching each other, coupled with good hygiene practices.
- All students will be required to hand sanitise on entry and exit of classrooms and shared spaces.
- Where practicable we will ensure that children regularly wash and dry hands, cough and sneeze into their elbow and try to avoid touching their faces.
- In order to avoid as much contact as possible with the water fountains, all students are asked to please bring their own filled water bottle to school.
- School bus service will continue as usual. In order to contact trace and avoid overcrowding of buses, we will be monitoring the eligibility of students traveling on the Muriwai 1 and Muriwai 2 buses. Please ensure your child is on the correct bus.
- There will be no Pita Pit or sushi orders for the first few weeks back at school.